First of all, we would like to give a huge thank you to those who set up, maintained and updated the old website. We know how much hard work went into it and we would like to recognise how useful it was. A great deal of progress has been made through it in building the online presence of the Family of Churches. Thank you!
Another thank you goes out to those who have given such a lot into the ideas, content and media for the new website, from the early stages right up to this point. Special thanks to our photographers, you know who you are! We have some wonderful new photos, many of which we are using now, others of which we have stored up for the future. It brings it all to life.
God has given us some amazingly gifted and creative people at St Katharine’s.
With this new space comes some exciting features which facilitate the organisation of our church, welcome new people, encourage creative worship, share resources and feed on God’s word throughout the week, whilst keeping everyone up to date with all the exciting things going on…
Here are a few Highlights:
- The Hub is the focal point of the website, the home page. It is a snappy area in which you can tap into church news, up and coming dates, prayers, explore interesting posts, blogs and articles. We hope that it will reflect the wonderful hive of activity in our church family.
- Under the ‘What’s On’ menu along the top (the navigation bar), you will find the Online Diary. This lists the entirety of what is going on! You can even print it off or link it to your own electronic calendar.
- The Blogs are split up into the categories listed below, you can find them in the drop-down menu under ‘the Hub’ (navigation bar), or explore them through the Home Page (the Hub) itself:
- Church Press – full of events and special features that come directly from the church office.
- The Dog Collar Blog is where Andrew (or other leaders!) will be sharing what they think God has to say to us. Something for the ‘church dispersed’, those who are not satisfied with only one sermon a week!
- Encounters – This is about sharing creativity online and it is run by you, the people of St Katharine’s. It’s here that we hope you will find that little bit of extra food for the soul. Maybe stories or testimonies, book reviews or wonderful photography, inspiration for worship and anything else that may come along! A place to share creativity, encourage one another in our faith and enjoy the beauty we find in anything that honours our heavenly Father. Currently this section is divided into two themes, ‘Spiritual Food’ and ‘Worship’. Perhaps you have an idea for the next one?
Check out a couple of examples like this Book Review, or this seasonal thought, On the Home Front — both by members of St Katharine’s!
- On the website you will also be able to find sermons, prayers, links, church events, groups, TLC, giving, the healing centre and more. Go up to the navigation bar along the top and have a look!
What it’s all about
Most of all and most importantly, we lift this up to our creative God, our Lord and Saviour. It’s all about him at the end of the day and his great love. We hope and pray that God uses this technological space, relevant to the age in which we live, to further his Kingdom here in this wonderful part of Wiltshire. Finally, we pray that you also know the amazing and indescribable power of his love through Jesus Christ as your personal saviour. Let us lift high his name!
We really hope that you enjoy the new website and hope to see you at church soon. Why not check out future services here? Look for ‘Next few days’.
St K’s Website team